soa-forum

[soa-forum] The Open Group SOA Ontology

To: soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sicop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Chris Harding <c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:02:28 +0100
Hi -    (01)

For some time now, The Open Group has been developing a formal
ontology for SOA. We made an early version available for comment by
SiCOP and SOACOP members over a year ago. We have now reached the
stage where we believe that it is almost complete, and are exposing
it to outside bodies for review and comment prior to its final review
within The Open Group.    (02)

The ontology is a formal OWL ontology, but the draft also includes
extensive heuristic explanations of its concepts.    (03)

The draft is publicly available at
http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa-ontology/doc.tpl?gdid=16940  We
would very much appreciate your input on all aspects that are of
interest to you. We will address comments received at this stage
before creating the draft for final Open Group review. I therefore
invite you to please review the draft, and send me comments on it.    (04)

Regards,    (05)

Chris
++++    (06)

Dr. Christopher J. Harding
Forum Director for SOA and Semantic Interoperability
THE OPEN GROUP
Thames Tower, 37-45 Station Road, Reading RG1 1LX, UK
Mailto:c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Phone (mobile): +44 774 063 1520
http://www.opengroup.org
The Open Group Conference & Member Meeting
Featuring the 19th Enterprise Architecture Practitioners Conference
InterContinental Hotel, Chicago, USA, July 21-25, 2008
http://www.opengroup.org/chicago2008/