soa-forum

Re: [soa-forum] SOA Magazine articles - XIII - and free wallchart!

To: Sandy Klausner <klausner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: www@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Service-Oriented Architecture CoP <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, terl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Werbos <pwerbos@xxxxxxx>, Daniel S Levine <levine@xxxxxxx>
From: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:01:23 -0700
Sandy,    (01)

Glad you liked the peice - lot of common threads out there including your model.    (02)

"the basic premise is that XML needs to be replaced with an automated
contextual infrastructure".    (03)

I'm not holding my breath on that one!!!    (04)

Better - "XML is being augmented to handle an automated contextual
infrastructure".    (05)

In the context of standards though - we're still taking baby steps in terms of
better information alignment, rules and context management and mechanisms.
Policy and contract are also key peices that are way to fuzzy right now.    (06)

Establishing the business ROI is also key - for me the best bang for the buck
for people today is BPM - getting that right.  Better data / information will
then follow driven by hard BPM needs and getting those $ savings in the boat.    (07)

DW    (08)