soa-forum

[soa-forum] Postscript and Survey for 5th SOA for E-Government Conferenc

To: soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:06:36 -0400

The Conference Planning Committee expresses appreciation to MITRE for hosting and to all who contributed to the success of this conference:

The Presentors, The Exhibitors, The Tutorials, and The Attendees, and Congratulates Those Who Received Special Recognitions.

It has been about a month since our very successful 4th conference and as promised we will start the collaborative discussion about the next

steps leading to the 5th conference sometime in the late spring depending on the dates available at the MITRE Auditorium.

The proceedings are complete (1), we have compiled the formal comments (2), and communicated directly with a number of you and tried to

distill your suggestions at the new SOA CoP Demo Phase 5 Wiki Page (3). We have also posted a list of Gartner, Forrester Research and Federal

CIO priorities (4), a number of which the SOA CoP has been doing or would like to do. We need to start have regular monthly conference calls, form a planning committee, select a theme, and issue the call for participation. In support of that we need your input as follows:

1. What did you learn from the 4th conference that was useful in your work?
2. What are you doing to further SOA and/or Semantic Interoperability in your organization and/or for your clients?
3. What would you like to contribute to the 5th conference?

A number of the larger organizations participating in the SOA CoP and 4th conference offered to host some kind of interim event to keep the

momentum going (e.g., IBM Federal SOA Institute, IAC SOA Committee, Microsoft, SAIC (Web 2.0 Accelerator, October 31st) (5), SOA Institute, BAH, Sloan/MIT (XBRL/FFATA), CGI Federal, etc.)

Please answer the survey questions and participate in our first conference call on Monday, November 5th at 1 p.m. EST using Conference Call-in number: 641-715-3840 PASSCODE: 269399#

Greg and Brand
SOA CoP, Co-chairs

Footnotes
(1) http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SOAforEGovernment_2007_10_0102