soa-forum

[soa-forum] Update on Activities

To: soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:03:51 -0500

The SOA CoP was featured at the February 13th FCW/Adobe Event: SOA Essentials: What Department Heads Need to Know.

Please see my slides at http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SOACoP/2007-02-13/SOACoPFCW02132007.ppt and handout on the Phase 3 Demo and 3rd Conference at http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SOACoP/2007-02-13/SOACoPFCW02132007.doc

The SOA CoP Demo Phase3 Wiki Page is at Google: SOA CoP Demo 3 or http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SOACoPDemo3

The 3rd Conference is coming together and we have excellent speakers so far:

Chris Gunderson, on the GIGLite Community and becoming a part of it.

Bob Kilker on the Phase 3 demo with Open Source SOA Infrastructure and the Federal Jump Start Kit

Cory Casanave on bringing the Phase 2 demo forward into Phase 3

Ron Schmelzer with a ZapThink update

Eric Newcomer on Why We Need SO Tooling: SOA Tools Platform Project at Eclipse, working together with IBM, Sybase, and others to create tooling better suited for SOA than tools based on UML and MDA.

As a reminder the important dates are as follows:

Notification on Proposals: March 9, 2007
Invitations to Present: February 5, 2007
Call for Presentations, Tutorial, and Exhibits/Posters Deadline: March 2, 2007
Title, Presentor(s) Name(s), Affiliation(s), and Contact Information, Brief Abstract and Suggested Place in the Agenda That Addresses Conference Purposes Limited to Two Pages in Word Format. Please send to Niemann.brand@xxxxxxx

Brand

SOA CoP Co-Chair