soa-forum

Re: [soa-forum] Question/Issue for the SOA CoP

To: Service-Oriented Architecture CoP <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Service-Oriented Architecture CoP <soa-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ken Laskey <klaskey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:55:58 -0400
Just to continue Rex's point, there is an active discussion in
progress that relates to governance, among the many other aspects.  I
expect the governance page to have significant changes in the near future.    (01)

Ken    (02)

At 09:00 AM 10/13/2006, Rex Brooks wrote:
>Hi Brand, Everyone,
>
>This is a topic the OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee's
>Reference Architecture Subcommittee is working on in concert with the
>other issues pertaining to the Reference Architecture we are building
>to flesh-out the Reference Model. Here is the wiki page for the topic:
>
>http://wiki.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/TheArchitecture/Governance
>
>We are an open, public effort and encourage more participation, which
>anyone can join through your company/employer organization if your
>company/employer organization is an OASIS member, or through an
>individual membership. You can discover more information at
>
>http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/join.php
>
>Cheers,
>Rex
>

> >I have been asked about the ownership/governance issue and whether
> >any best practices exist for SOA. We covered governance in the First
> >SOA Conference for E-Government, but I don't recall specifically
> >ownership being discussed. Any suggestions, references, etc. would
> >be appreciated.
> >

> >Thanks, Brand

>--
>Rex Brooks
>President, CEO
>Starbourne Communications Design
>GeoAddress: 1361-A Addison
>Berkeley, CA 94702
>Tel: 510-849-2309

   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-983-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-983-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508                                              /    (05)