pgfsoa-infra

Re: [pgfsoa-infra] SOA Infrastructure section

To: "Chris Gunderson" <cgunders@xxxxxxxxx>, "Dov J. Levy" <Dov.Levy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <RFarrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <vijay.raghavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: pgfsoa-infra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Rollins, John" <jrolli01@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:58:29 -0500
All,

You can reach me at 321 984-5653.

Thanks,
John

From: Chris Gunderson [mailto:cgunders@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 3:07 PM
To: 'Dov J. Levy'; RFarrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; bcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; vijay.raghavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Rollins, John
Cc: pgfsoa-infra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: SOA Infrastructure section

Dov, thanks.

Team, First some logistics? I?ve cc?d the collective email address for our group.  The Colab site (http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage)  has some nice features available if we use its tools.  We should also use the Colab site file share features to share files like Dov?s.  I?m learning the ropes and will share what I learn.  Others pls do provide insight here.

I have learned that the public wiki is quite easy to use. It is truly public, so we can all post.  I have posted an input from Brad Cox on a WikiPage  http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PgfsoaInfOutline   Our first task is to summarize key messages for our section.  I propose we use Brad?s input as the first draft and all of us add value wiki style.  Let?s see how that works and schedule any phone calls in response to progress or lack thereof on the wiki.

Bob Farrow and I are co-leads, and he and I had a good talk. I don?t think there will be any pride of authorship issues between us.  I have been appointed overall project manager for the PGFSOA.  I?m not sure exactly how much time/effort that will require yet, but if I get swamped I?ll definitely ask for help.

Need a volunteer to serve as principal editor and back up.  Takers?

John Rollins, we don?t have a phone number for you.  Mind sharing?  Thanks.

Regarding the specifics of Dov?s note.  Dov, I?ll call you to discuss.  I certainly agree with the need for a working ?lab? or ?factory? as a truly practical guide.  My personal agenda will be to make the Practical Guide actually practical.  I.e., focused on specific business objectives and based on working reference implementations.  In Dov?s world, that might translate to runtime comparisons of DTS vs, e.g. Travelocity etc based on business-oriented MOE?s.

Fyi, I am traveling all next week, but will be responsive to email and calls to my cell.  Best, Chris

Chris Gunderson

Research Associate Professor of Information Science

Naval Postgraduate School

Principal Investigator, Netcentric Certification Office and W2COG Initiatives

www.w2cog.org

(O) 703 262 5332

(C) 831 224 5182