[ontac-forum] RE: [COSMO-WG] UF starter kit: UF001

To: "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Roy Roebuck" <Roy.Roebuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:09:22 -0500
Hi:    (01)

>From my experience, one way to approach this aligning/integration of
many ontologies/processes is to integrate them to a common ontology that
"encompasses" them all, which requires an "all-inclusive" perspective of
the common ontology.  That's what I'm suggesting with the general
ontology approach I've been describing in this forum.    (02)

If you don't take this common-ontology approach, they you're going to
have to build a mapping from each unique functional ontology to each
other functional ontology, leading to all the possible permutations that
might come from this.  Building a single interface to a common ground or
backplane is better than building one for each possible use, or so
industries/groups that do a lot of integrating have found.    (03)

Roy    (04)

P.S.  When this change from a listserv from "ONTAC-WG General
Discussion" to a mass mailing with so many email addresses?    (05)