RE: [ontac-forum] Semantic Interoperability: Sowa'sCollection ofModules

To: "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "West, Matthew R SIPC-DFD/321" <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:41:12 -0000
Dear John,    (01)

This sounds OK by me. It is actually close to what we have done
in ISO 15926 (except for enforcing a 4D ontology - which was
deliberate) it is trivial to remove that constraint.    (02)

One question, you said:    (03)

> In any case, I used the term "syllogism" to indicate the
> very limited level of logical expressivity required for
> the core UF.  I would assume that the tools used to support
> UF would enforce the distinction between types and instances.    (04)

How and why would you expect them to enforce this distinction?    (05)

I'm not even sure this is appropriate.    (06)

Regards    (07)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (08)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (09)

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SICoP/OntologyTaxonomyCoordinatingWG    (010)