[ontac-forum] FW: Current Federal Executive Branch (FEB) Use of Ontology

To: "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Roy Roebuck" <Roy.Roebuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:31:39 -0400

Hi:

The CC EA, by leveraging the OMB FEA and by encompassing the evolving outline of Federal Executive Branch (FEB) Mission Essential Functions (MEF), is probably the first implementation of a COSMO-based Federal executable architecture.

For further information on what I suggest regarding a “general ontology’ for use as the COSMO, below is a comment I posted to the KM.gov forum a few months back.

The CC EA status briefing I presented to the CIO Council’s Architecture and Infrastructure Committee (AIC) is at http://web-services.gov/CIO_COUNCIL_BRIEF_JUL05-rr3.ppt.  Slide 6 shows the relationship between the OMB FEA and the broader CC EA.  Slide 7 identifies some of the “operational/executable” aspects of the CC EA.  Slide 8 gives an overview of the CC EA (i.e., enterprise management) metaschema.  Slide 9 provides a simplified Framework Model for the CC EA.  A more comprehensive CC EA Framework (i.e., CC Ontology) model is at http://colab.cim3.net/forum//ontac-forum/2005-10/bin00002.bin.  Slide 12 provides a mapping of the CC EA approach to the OMG Model Driven Architecture.

The subsequent more-technical briefing to the IAC EA SIG is located at http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SICoP/2005-09-14/IAC-EA-SIG_Aug5.ppt

The next version, with more detail, at http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SICoP/2005-09-14/RoebuckSICop2005_09_14.ppt was presented to the SICoP on 14 Sep 05.

Roy

CommIT Enterprises, Inc.

Enterprise Architecture for Enterprise Management, Security, and Knowledge

Roy Roebuck III
Senior Enterprise Architect

2231 Crystal Drive, Ste 501
Arlingon, VA