Re: [ontac-forum] COSMO (upper model) Technical Kick off - Brand's Comme

To: "Brand Nieman" <bniemann@xxxxxxx>, "ONTAC-WG General Discussion" <ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: marc.wine@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:49:03 -0400

Brand and others:

Noted below is Brand's reference to ontologies applied to avian flu related systems.  At the first meeting of the AHIC that I attended last week, Secretary Leavitt and Dr. Brailer emphasized the pandemic surveillance project area.  The HITOP Group might want to consider this area as one possible practical HIT application for potential recommendation.  I'll look at this as I plan for the next HITOP meeting.

Marc