[geo-forum] Invitation to Expedition Wkshp on June 28 at NSF - Open Stan

To: sicop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, geo-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ontac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nics-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nics-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:04:08 -0400
Greetings!    (01)

You and your colleagues are invited to the Collaborative Expedition
Workshop #41 at the National Science Foundation, Ballston, VA, 4121 Wilson
Blvd., Room 555,  from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.  We'll be exploring, how
Communities of Practice, in light of the Data Reference Model, can build
the capacity needed for shared understanding and governance around new
mission responsibilities.  In this workshop, we'll explore potentials and
realities around  Open Standards for Organizing Government Information in
light of the E-gov Act of 2002 (Section 207(d) and on-going collaboration
around the Data Reference Model.  How can divergent communities work
together to evolve a Data Reference Model that draws on effective use of
open standards?
Please RSVP to Renee.hughes@xxxxxxx if you plan to join us.
Workshop agenda, venue logistics and lap-top screening requirements are at:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/OpenStandardsForGovernmentInformationSharing_DRM_TimingTheTransformation_2005_06_28    (02)

We are no longer accepting RSVPs for the June 13 Forum. We have reached
room capacity.  If you have already registered, here's the final agenda:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DataReferenceModelPublicForum_2005_06_13
Here's the map:
http://www.mitre.org/about/locations/mitre1_map.html    (03)

Best regards,
Susan    (04)

Susan B. Turnbull
Co-Chair, Emerging Technology SC,
Architecture and Infastructure Committee, and Co-Chair,
Social, Economic and Workforce Implications of IT and IT
Workforce Development, Subcommittee on Networking and Information
Technology Research and Development,
Senior Program Advisor,
Office of Intergovernmental Solutions
US General Services Administration