ontac-dev

RE: Categorization (was RE: [ontac-dev] Representation of attributes)

To: "ONTAC Taxonomy-Ontology Development Discussion" <ontac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "West, Matthew R SIPC-DFD/321" <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:06:46 -0000
Dear Pat,    (01)

You missed my point. I was asking about what you saw as different in the
relationship, rather than in the related objects. You seemed very adamant
that there was a big difference, and I don't see it. So what do you see
as the difference in the instance relationship between instance and set
and instance and type?    (02)

As for types and sets, why do they have to be mutually exclusive? You
may want them like that in a 3D ontology, but why do you have to impose
that on me when we could leave that to later specific 3D/4D theories? Some
types are extensional anyway (e.g. real numbers).    (03)

Regards    (04)

Matthew    (05)

ordinatin
gWG    (06)