nics-forum

[nics-forum] Invitation to Sept. 16 Workshop, Leadership for Networking

To: nics-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 11:51:02 -0400
Greetings!

You and your colleagues are invited to Collaborative Expedition Workshop #76, "Leadership for Networking and Information Technology Education (NIT)".  This no fee, one-day public workshop will explore opportunities and challenges of learning environments that advance the skills needed to effectively use and co-evolve the cyberinfrastructures powering not only how we work and learn, but how we construct our societies and institutions.  What are the educational and workforce goals that must be envisioned and met to preserve national leadership and advance prosperity for our citizens?

This workshop will open up dialogue to facilitate "bootstrapping" among multiple communities and institutions whose contributions to effective networking and information technology education will play a pivotal role in the continued vitality and creativity of our 21st century democracy.

RSVP: You will need to register for this workshop (on-site or remote teleconference participation) by sending an email to Angela Carter at carter@xxxxxxxxx

WHEN: Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 9:30am – 5:00pm
WHERE: National Science Foundation, Ballston, VA, 4201 Wilson Blvd., Room 1235

Agenda:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/LeadershipForNetworkingAndInformationTechnologyEducation_2008_09_16

Workshop Location and Remote Teleconferencing:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/VenueLogistics_2008_09_16

Past Workshop Archives:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop

Best Regards,
Susan B. Turnbull
Co-chair, Emerging Technology SC, Architecture and Infrastructure
Committee
Co-chair, Social, Economic, and Workforce Implications of IT CG,
Subcommittee on Networking and IT R&D
Senior Program Advisor, Center for Intergovernmental Solutions
GSA Office of Citizen Services and Communications
U.S. General Services Administration
202.501.6214
susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx
http://www.gsa.gov/collaborate
http://usaservices.gov/intergovt/

Suzi Iacono, NSF and Co-chair of the NITRD SEW CG
siacono@xxxxxxx

Richard N. Spivack, PhD
Co-chair, Emerging Technology SC, Architecture and Infrastructure
Committee
Economist, Impact Analysis Office
Technology Innovation Program/ NIST
p 301.975-5063