nics-forum

Re: [nics-forum] Invitation to June 10 wrkshp "Toward Scalable Data Mana

To: susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx
Cc: nics-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Seth Grimes <grimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:49:05 -0700 (PDT)
Susan,    (01)

        Respectfully, I am truly amazed that you have only one industry
participant in the workshop (listed on the Web site), and that one person
is not speaking on what I believe to be a core issue here.  The private
sector is doing innovative, ground-breaking work developing and delivering
products that respond to the challenges the workshop is addressing, that
is, scale-out to meet computational, storage, and networking demands
that follow from a spectrum of large-scale needs.    (02)

        Sincerely,    (03)

                                        Seth Grimes    (04)

On Fri, 23 May 2008, susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx wrote:    (05)

--
Seth Grimes   Alta Plana Corp, analytical computing & data management
               Intelligent Enterprise magazine (CMP), Contributing Editor