hit-forum

[hit-forum] Re HITOP Pilot

To: hit-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:08:12 -0400
From: "Conor Shankey" < cshankey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Date: July 12, 2006 10:59:36 AM EDT
To: "'Kyle Recsky'" <
krecsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Cc: "'Mills Davis'" <
mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx >, "'Ian Upright'" < iupright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >, "'Harvey Wanner'" < hwanner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
Subject: RE: semantic media wiki issues
cshankey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
The third one on medical information is particularly interesting to me given some of the capabilities we have discussed. Fundamentally, this group has become acutely aware that there are serious ethical and legal issues around medical information that could be construed as diagnostic or consultative.

Clearly in this case the conventional open wiki self governance is called into question. I would also assume that since healthcare is so controversial between conventional western, Asian and holistic approaches that it would be quite interesting to even consider how one would organize the wiki to give balanced and organized and vetted knowledge. It would really hit hard against a fiercely guarded patriarchy and union of practitioners with an extraordinary amount of power.

On the other hand it sounds like a incredibly useful area that all of us are interested in a some point in our lives.

Conor