geo-forum

[geo-forum] Opportunity to suggest FEA Reference Model changes

To: GEO EA Working Group <geo-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Doug Nebert <ddnebert@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:08:05 -0400
GeoCoP Members:    (01)

The development of the Geospatial Profile last year yielded plenty of
guidance to business architects as to how to incorporate geospatial
capabilities into the various FEA reference models. The recommendations
defined supplemental capabilities -- detail that was often more detail
than the RMs provide, or a special interpretation of the reference
models geospatial context. There are a number of suggestions in the
Profile that warrant consideration for inclusion into the FEA Reference
Models -- items that would logically also support the Line of Business.    (02)

Over the next two days Kurt will be reviewing the Geospatial Profile
Version 1.1 document and highlighting for discussion items that we need
to discuss for proposed inclusion into the FEA Reference Models. Kurt
will post his observations -- yours are welcome too -- on the Wiki site
by COB Thursday.    (03)

I propose that we hold a discussion call on Friday morning at 9:30am EDT
to review, discuss, and select items that will need to be written up in
proper OMB request format.    (04)

Call: (641) 985-1000 code: 914352#
Date: Friday, June 23
Time: 09:30 EDT - 11:30    (05)

Doug.
--
Douglas D. Nebert
Geospatial Data Clearinghouse Coordinator, Information Architect