geo-forum

[geo-forum] Fw: Geospatial Profile for the Federal Enterprise Architectu

To: geo-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Deb_Green@xxxxxxx, Hope_Y_Mentore-Smith@xxxxxxx, Michael_J_Howell@xxxxxxx, Alan_Fisher@xxxxxxx
From: Barb_White@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:27:34 -0700

In accordance with the instructions provided below, attached is the FWS Comment Form on the Draft Federal Enterprise Architecture Geospatial Profile Version 0.3.  The form includes comments from FWS staff members actively involved in both the FGDC Coordination Group and national FWS IT and geospatial activities.  A concentrated effort was made to review the initial draft Profile, but time constraints prevented a more in-depth review by the Service.

We've been informed that a Final Draft may be available for review in mid-December.  If this occurs, we intend to distribute the Version 1.0 to the FWS GIS Steering Committee and staff members familiar with the DOI Enterprise Architecture and Modernization Blueprint efforts.  While we may not have time to submit comments before Version 1.0 is sent to OMB in early January, it will give users an opportunity to review the draft Profile before OMB requests a formal review later this year.  We plan to focus our attention on sections of the Profile that pertain to the DRM, SRM, and TRM, as well as the Appendices, Use Case/Scenarios, and Examples.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide comments on the initial Profile.  If you have any questions or require clarification on any comments, please contact me by email or phone (303-275-2310).

----- Forwarded by Barb White/NCC/R9/FWS/DOI on 11/16/2005 04:23 PM -----
Ivan B DeLoatch <ideloatch@xxxxxxxx>

10/31/2005 12:51 PM

cwg-M@xxxxxxxx
cc
Douglas D Nebert <ddnebert@xxxxxxxx>
Subject
Geospatial Profile for the Federal Enterprise Architecture

To Coordination Group Members,

The draft Geospatial Profile of the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA), Version 0.3 has just been completed and is ready for internal review by the Architecture and Infrastructure Committee (AIC) and the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) Coordination Group.   A courtesy review period is now beginning for interested parties to evaluate the document and provide comments for consideration and revision before a formal release to the OMB's FEA Program Management Office.

Version 0.3 of the Geospatial Profile is available at:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CurrentGeospatialProfileDraft

Please provide comments using the comments form
(http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/geocop/commentform.doc ) by email to
geo-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx by COB November 18th.

Thanks for your participation and we look forward to your inputs.

Ivan B. DeLoatch
Staff Director, Federal Geographic Data Committee
Chief, Office of Geospatial Information Coordination
National Geospatial Programs Office
Office of the Geographic Information Officer
U.S. Geological Survey
U.S.Department of the Interior
703-648-5752