geo-forum

[geo-forum] GeoCop Meeting Summary and Actions, Sept 28

To: GEO EA Working Group <geo-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Doug Nebert <ddnebert@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:06:26 -0400
All:    (01)

We had a very productive meeting of the GEA CoP WG yesterday. In it we
discussed several important issues that I want to convey to the group.    (02)

1. We decided to hold a series of subgroup meetings early next week to
resolve the comments received on version 0.1 of the Geospatial Profile.
We will be working on two more iterations of the document during October
prior to wider review. The meeting schedule is:    (03)

    * Introduction - Tuesday, October 4, 1000-1200 (followed by the
      scheduling team)
<http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GeoCopMeeting_2005_09_28#nid2Z5S>
    * BRM/PRM - Monday, October 3, 1100-1300
<http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GeoCopMeeting_2005_09_28#nid2Z5T>
    * TRM/SRM/Scenario - Monday, October 3, 1500-1700
<http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GeoCopMeeting_2005_09_28#nid2Z5U>
    * DRM - Wednesday, October 5, 1400-1600    (04)

If you feel that you need to attend and have trouble with the schedule
as proposed, please contact kurtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (05)

2. We decided not to have a next draft of the document until October 7,
2005 at which time a version 0.2 would be posted.    (06)

3. We decided to have a status telecon on October 12, 2005. Information
on this will be posted at the Wiki as the time approaches.    (07)

4. We decided to form a Piloting subgroup after October 12, 2005 to
begin working on a draft Pilot Plan for an operational pilot this Fall.    (08)

5. We decided to organize a small scheduling team that would work on and
bring to the group a revised schedule and proposed processes for further
work and adoption within the next several weeks. More information on
this as it comes available.    (09)

Thanks to everyone for your continued interest and support.    (010)

Best Regards,    (011)

Doug.
--     (012)

Douglas D. Nebert
Geospatial Data Clearinghouse Coordinator, Information Architect
FGDC/GSDI Secretariat   Phone: +1 703 648 4151  Fax: +1 703 648-5755    (013)