etkn-forum

Re: [etkn-forum] ETKN Conference Call Next Thursday: Agenda

To: <etkn-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Carol Paszamant" <Carol.Paszamant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:38:21 -0500
Hi, Sandy -     (01)

I thought of a couple of things to possibly add under Members (or
Membership):    (02)

- Info about the listserv, and
- General info about our meetings, i.e., held by telephone every other
month on a Thursday . . .    (03)

Ken had drafted a Membership Overview back in December 2007, for
sending to prospective members. I'm attaching below, and it is also on
the collabwiki site at
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EasternTransportationKnowledgeNetwork/Membership_Overview_ETKN.
 Parts of that overview might be good to add to the website, for
instance, the requirements for membership:    (04)

Minimum Requirements for Membership:
Organizations applying for membership in the ETKN should:    (05)

●     Be involved in transportation research and/or practice.
●     Have library or information services, or a related department
with an accessible collection of                transportation
information resources available to ETKN members.
●     Have cataloged or systematically organized collections.
●     Be willing and able to provide access to local collections and
services.
●     Designate a representative responsible for communicating with
other ETKN members.    (06)

We should also probably include a Contacts section, unless you think
that the member directory is sufficient.  I also agree with Laura's
suggestions about combining the Archives section with the Documents.
It's really moving forward!    (07)

Carol    (08)

Carol Paszamant, Librarian
NJ Dept. of Transportation
Research Library
1035 Parkway Ave.
PO Box 600
Trenton, NJ  08625-0600
609-530-5289  fax: 609-530-2052
carol.paszamant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     (09)

>>> <SandraBrady@xxxxxxxxxxx> 11/19/2008 6:36 PM >>>
Hi all,    (010)

For the ETKN meeting Thursday morning, here is what I've been working
on
as far as the web site goes:    (011)

http://www.etkn.org/test/index1.html     (012)

http://www.etkn.org/test/index2.html     (013)

http://www.etkn.org/test/index3.html     (014)

I have attached an outline of what I was thinking of for the content.    (015)

Sandy Brady
Librarian & Transportation Research Advisor
LTRC TTEC
4099 Gourrier Ave
Baton Rouge, LA  70808
(225)767-9716