cuo-wg

Re: [cuo-wg] Reframing the Issue

To: common upper ontology working group <cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:20:04 -0700
Stephen,

For the OASIS work in this area - see article in the current issue of SOA magazine - http://www.soamag.com on data services layer for SOA.

I like the way you have conceptualized the issues and the needs from SOA perspective.  Hopefully though the CAM approach is simpler for folks to grok in the immediate - providing XML driven mechanisms to get their integration information aligned - and apply context and rules consistently.  Then we can get them to the next level with more intelligent self-adapting interfaces...  crawl, walk, then run!

Some of your diagrams are well worth the price of admission here.  Cool stuff.  I'm working on a PPT for DISA at the moment - adapted from David Linthciums 12 Steps... filling some of the blanks David missed - including the areas you are touching on - will post once I have that baked and ready.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)