cuo-wg

[cuo-wg] Applicability of OASIS CAM work

To: cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 08:35:05 -0700
I just became aware of your groups work through an article in GCN this week.

The OASIS CAM technology has been focused on providing practical tools to support implementers grappling with these issues.

Currently we have our version 1.1 specification about to go to OASIS member standard adoption vote this coming week.

While this initial v1.1 is focused on the actual payload exchanges - there is much in the body of CAM work that relates to improving interoperability across domains - including use of metadata registries and domain vocabularies.

In v1.1 we have focused on providing the immediate - to enable practioners to build solutions with today's tools - and create a foundation of users that address the most common issues and build awareness in simple and accessible ways.

Consequently we have developed an OSS implementation using Eclipse and Java that is designed to be quick and easy for people to add to their toolkit of technologies to aid in information exchange alignment.

I'd be happy to present more information on this for the group.   You can download the tool from

and the specifications are available at:

We also have examples developed for various domains of interest to government, such as UBL, PESC, IRS and more.

Thanks,  David Webber

Chair - OASIS CAM TC.

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)