cuo-wg

Re: [cuo-wg] Draft Agenda for 13 Nov CDSI Conference Call

To: "common upper ontology working group" <cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:37:08 -0800
Thank you, Jim. I am going to be at the call.    (01)

I noticed that you have slated for part of this virtual discourse and
collaborative work will be conducted under the VKWIKI platform. While
I respect the work of Visual Knowledge, the platform is (if I
understand correctly) *proprietary* nonetheless. Your previous IEEE
P1600.1 and CUO-WG work were *open*, and it would be appropriate, in
my opinion, to continue working in that mode.    (02)

Therefore, I would like to request that we, as a group, discuss the
wisdom of, and whether it is appropriate, or not, to have the CDSI
work done on a proprietary platform (like the one you have stated),
before you move onto agenda item 8 ("How to request account on Wiki
site (and edit pages)").    (03)

Since I have a vested interest (as a supplier of open collaborative
work environments), I will abstain from the discussion, but I do hope
you can include this discussion at today's kick-off call, before
locking the future participants in.    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy