cuo-wg

[cuo-wg] Common Upper Ontology Working Group

To: cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Schoening, James R C-E LCMC CIO/G6" <James.Schoening@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 07:31:16 -0400

ATTN CUO WG:

        The Common Upper Ontology Working Group (inactive for the past year) will again seek active participation in exploring the feasibility of adoption and utilization of common upper ontologies by various programs and levels of government.  This could be at the lowest level where two applications need to interoperate, or at any organizational level.

        The next thrust will be to find actual programs in a position to test and utilize an upper ontology.  We will explore the feasibility of these actual implementations, as opposed to conducting a purely theoretical debate.  If desired, we may help interested programs evaluate available upper ontologies.  This could evantually lead to convergence on a single upper ontology or mappings between multiple versions.

        Please visit the CUO WG web site at http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CommonUpperOntologyWG.  CUO WG is part of the Semantic Interoperability Community of Practice at http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SICoP.

        If you received this message, you are already subscribed to the discussion list for this group.  To unsubscribe (or invite others to subscribe), go to http://colab.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/cuo-wg/.  To post a message to all the 30 current list members, send email to cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please contact me with any questions or suggestions.

James R. Schoening
U.S. Army C-E LCMC CIO/G6 Office
Voice: DSN 992-5812 or (732) 532-5812
Fax: DSN 992-7551 or (732) 532-7551