cuo-wg

[cuo-wg] FW: Common Upper Ontology WG: Alternatives for Participation or

To: cuo-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Schoening, James R CECOM DCSC4I" <James.Schoening@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:19:39 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Mayk, Israel RDECOM CERDEC C2D
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 6:27 PM
To: Schoening, James R CECOM DCSC4I
Subject: RE: Common Upper Ontology WG: Alternatives for Participation or Monitoring

Jim,
Attached is a paper on the SINCE program, that I promised to provide you today as an example of an upper ontology success story. Even though it does not use any of the three prime candidate for an upper ontology, it clearly demonstrates the value of an upper ontology for integration, federation, collaboration and interoprability of systems with heterogeneous ontologies. Our "upper ontology" XML schema for W6H (Who ( Whom.Which), What, When, Where when Why and How was used for the mapping and representing C2 information products such as OPORDs and Situation Reports among the SINCE federates.  It would be interesting to see how each of the prime candidates for an upper ontology map to the W6H schema.
Israel