caf-forum

[caf-forum] [CAF Update] Chief Architects Forum Wed July 19 @ 1:00 PM at

Cc: "'Strano, Carolyn'" <Stranoc@xxxxxxx>, Felix Rausch <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Patrick.bolton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John McManus <jmcmanus@xxxxxxxx>, Stephanie Powers <stephanie_powers@xxxxxxx>
From: "Ira M. Grossman" <Ira.M.Grossman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:52:03 -0400

 The next Chief Architects Forum Quarterly Meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 from 1:00 - 4:00 pm at the NOAA Science Center in Silver Spring, MD (1305 East-West Highway).   Directions to NOAA are provided in the attached pdf file.

Please RSVP to Ira Grossman @ iramgrossman@xxxxxxx

 The agenda is as follows:

 I. Introduction & welcome - Ira Grossman,  Chairman, CAF
A. Announcements
B. ArchitecturePlus
C. Chief Architects Forum Mailing Lists
D. Survey of Available EA Curricula
E.  Dissertation Summary:  "Defining the Role of the Enterprise Architect in the  Federal Government" - Dr. Carolyn Strano
II. FEA themes for the coming year  - Dick Burk, Chief Federal Architect, OMB FEA PMO (Updated)
  • Spotlighting what Chief Architects will be asked to focus on with their agencies during the architecture phase from September through February.
  • Focus areas include creating a segment architecture for a core mission LOB. Dick will talk through ways to select, what to look for, etc.
  • In addition, Dick will talk about using the FTF and incorporating cross-agency initiatives into the EAs.
III.  Effectively and Efficiently Managing the Transition to IPv6 - Dr. John McManus – NASA Chief Technology Officer (CTO)

V. Networking/Break

 VI. Discussion Breakout Groups

 VII. Closing
Also attached for your convenience is the June 2006 issue of  The Federal Architect.

Respectfully,
Ira Grossman
Chairman, Chief Architects Forum

P. S.  I have accepted the Chief Enterprise Architect's position at FDIC and begin on Monday July 10th.  I will send out new contact information next week.

--
Ira M. Grossman
NOAA OCIO